ACT Prep With Barron's
Why sign up for an expensive ACT prep course when you can get everything you need right here online at
Barron's Test Prep!
With ACT preparation from Barron's, you can:
- Take full-length ACT practice tests, timed or untimed, from our database of four complete exams.
- Create customized ACT practice tests of a specific question type including "Sentence Structure",
"Algebra", "Coordinate Geometry", "Trigonometry", "Prose Fiction", "Humanities", "Data Representation",
and "Research Summaries".
- Get immediate feedback including answers to all ACT practice test questions with solutions and full
explanations backed by over 60+ years of Barron's study-guide experience....learn why you
answered incorrectly as well as why you answered correctly!
- Receive instant test scores to pinpoint your strengths and weaknesses and know where you need
to study most.
- Full ACT practice tests are scored so you can see right away how you would score on the actual ACT exam.
- Study and learn our proven Tactics and refresh yourself on key
mathematical facts to raise your Math scores.
- Track your progress with progress reports that give you a detailed analysis
of each exam you take, and chart your progress by finding out which areas you need to concentrate on for success.
A six-month subscription to ACT test prep help from Barron's is just $19.99.
What Can I Do on This Web site?
Sign up today
or read below to find out more!
There are two different areas of study to concentrate on once you've subscribed to our ACT test prep site. You can
study our ACT test tips and multiple word lists but most importantly, you can take ACT practice tests and receive
immediate feedback via our online grading system and explanations of the exam answers.
Areas For Study
When you subscribe to ACT prep help from Barron's, you can click on "Test Tips" from the main site menu and be
taken to seven different areas that you can study. These include:
ACT Practice Tests
- Basic Exam Tactics - Here you can browse through general exam tips and descriptions of the
various test sections designed to guide you through the experience of taking the actual ACT examination.
There are tips on what you need to "know before you go" here.
- English Test Tactics - This section is devoted to covering the tactics you should use when confronted with
English questions on the ACT. It offers both Long-Range and Short-Range strategies for
getting the most out of your study time, plus methods of recognizing common
mistakes that can be avoided when exam time comes. This sections analyzes and offers tactics on:
- Basic Grammar and Usage
- Sentence Structure
- English Word Lists - Studying these lists will help you avoid many of the common mistakes made because
of the misuse of words and phrases. They include:
- Math Problem Solving Hints - This section covers a number of basic math strategies
and tactics you can use to improve your math score on the ACT. These problem solving methods
will give you the confidence required to excel in the ACT math section.
- Key Facts for Math - This section is invaluable as it covers many of the key principles of
mathematics from the most basic concepts up through college level formulas that you will need to study for
success on the ACT. Areas include:
- Fractions and Decimals
- Ratios and Proportions
- Quadrilaterals and Other Polygons
- Coordinate Geometry
- Logical Reasoning
- and more!
- Reading Test Tactics - Here you'll find 12 indispensable tactics for improving your score on the
Reading Test. There's more than one method of tackling these types of questions and this section will help
you decide which ones work best for you. These test-taking tips will answer such questions as:
- "What's the best reading technique?"
- "What are the clues that will help me understand the passage?"
- "Should I underline?"
- "Which do I read first, the passage or questions?"
- "What are 'switchbacks'?"
- Science Reasoning Test Guide and Tactics - This section includes useful information on exactly what to
expect on the Science Reasoning test along with proven methods of approaching the various types of
questions found in this test. Areas include:
- Desciption of the Three Question Groups
- Explanation of the Three Cognitive Levels
- Analysis of Your Science Background
- Test Taking Strategies and Tactics
- Science Word List
Here is the focus of the site...taking practice ACT tests online and getting immediate feedback.
, you can select from four complete ACT practice tests and either take them from
beginning to end, with the option of a timer to be sure you'll have the ability to complete the exam within the
allotted time for the actual test, or you can take your time and practice on particular types of questions and be
able to pinpoint your weaker areas by creating customized
Most importantly, once you have finished an ACT practice test and have received a grade, you are then shown
of each and every question and it's answers (both correct AND incorrect) on our
Report Card section. You will get Barron's 60+ years of expertise in study guides at your finger tips, which is
much more valuable than simply having an answer key in front of you.
• Methods • Tactics • Explanations • Progress
Everything you need to succeed...right here!
Subscribe To Barron's ACT Test Prep Now